A year ago we worked a bit on identifying a George Finney that researcher Bonny Sweat had provided information and questions regarding. We picked things up to continue the identification, especially since this is in my direct line.
- Made links from FamilySearch to George Finney (i396) and his family, also making little changes here and there.
- Added possible death location of Phoebe Finney
- Charles Finney Death year and location
- Steven Gose Banner dates and wife
- Judith Finney husband, Jacob Rasnick and some children
- George Finney Jr wife and year of death
- Reuben Finney names, year of death and wives
- Cemetery 1772. North Church Street Cemetery, Russell county, Virginia
Trudie Sheffield had sent us some valuable information and links on John Wesley Finney and his family. Also Rachel Finney suggested MilesFiles as a source for the Finney beginnings. The MilesFiles are the kind of info I like since it is carefully and painfully documentation sourced, and all other information is ignored. These were the the source and inspiration for the following manifold changes and additions:
- Physical description of John Finney
- Caroline Finney (i502) birth county added
- Archibald Finney (i501) birth county added
- Minerva Walker dates annotated
- Several notes to John Finney
- Photo of John & Minerva Finney
- Wendell Montrose Finney grave & cemetery
- Cemetery addition: 1655. Oakdale Citizens Cemetery, Stanislaus, California
- Mabel Florence Murray Finney added
- Wallace Finney (i497) grave info added
- Mary Rodden Finney (i535) grave info added, and
- Jane Major’s (i403) family added, including siblings
- Andrew Finney’s daughter added
- William Finney dates received qualifiers (i401)
- Added the Sarah Brickhouse family
- Moved William Finney (i675) to being Sarah Brickhouse’s son
- Corrected William Finney dates
- Moved Andrew Finney to be son of Sarah Brickhouse
- Changed the parents of Elizabeth White (i398) from Arthur and Sarah White to William and Mary (Savage) White, and dates changed.
- Savage family added
- Broke George Finney of Accomack from George Finney of Russell county, Virginia. They appear to be different men! I now have a disconnected spur tree of Finney members!
We will have to return to this area next week or even later. There is so much more to do before I can close out the emails in Mar 2009.
Trudy sent us some important changes!
- Archibald Finney’s middle name is Yell (i501)
- Lynn A. Finney did not have a second wife (i393)
- Archibald Finney had Archibald Lynn Finney (i4552) not Lynn A. Finney as we had listed
- Marjorie Finney (i4558) not Magorie!
- 1850 census for John Wesley Finney family (i394)
- 1860 census redone for John Wesley Finney family
- 1870 census for John Wesley Finney family
We continue our endeavor to upgrade our data, and fix old sourcing, so that documents can be seen on the website.
- Charles Barrows Bennett (i441) and Mabel Consuelo Finney (i496) marriage newspaper clipping source and clipping fixed.
- Erwina Catherine Finney Meyer (i503) job as WWII draft registrar fixed and marriage event removed.