Software Update

The TNG website software underwent a lot of changes, so it was time to upgrade it to the next subversion level. We did that and the following mods were reinstalled.

  1. Life Dates on Separate Lines updated
  2. Add person Row reinstalled
  3. Ancestor Map updated
  4. Burial Website Media Import updated
  5. Cemetery Disclaimer (my mod) upgraded & updated and webpage updated
  6. Create Sitemap updated
  7. Social Buttons reinstalled
  8. Children event map updated
  9. Email sender’s IP to help stop spam comments added
  10. Family Indicators updated
  11. Family Preview updated
  12. Family Group Worksheet extension updated
  13. FGW tabs updated
  14. ID Prefix format updated
  15. Tooltip media updated
  16. Mouse Wheel Zoom updated
  17. New Account Request Form mod updated and heavily customized
  18. Removed password generator
  19. Personal Table Maintenance updated
  20. Person not found updated
  21. Places subject to deletion updated
  22. Redundant Persons tab updated
  23. Search from help reinstalled
  24. Submit headstone photo updated
  25. Submit photo mod reinstalled
  26. Submit photo/document updated
  27. Surname Cloud tooltip updated
  28. User footer copyright mod updated
  29. American Dates reinstalled
  30. Hebrew Dates on hold

WAMP server setup on my desktop computer. IIS server had to be shut down and the various services using it had to be stopped. Once I found all the SQL types and shut them off, things began to work! Surprise!

TNG installed on WAMP server. This worked out pretty well. Next was the data move and it was a real problem. Several data dumps from the website later, we managed to find a way for BigDump to do the job, and it did it!

Next we created a Gedcom from RootsMagic and it took a long time. We ran the import on TNG desktop and it worked well! Surprise. The combing of the results has yielded some problems to overcome:

  1. _Color tag is worthless in TNG, turned off of desktop verson
  2. Family Search tag of event needed to be labeled, done on desktop
  3. Place details is actually just an address holder, so cemeteries and addresses that were setup in RootsMagic must be corrected so TNG’s cemetery feature can work.
  4. County had to be deleted from RootsMagic places and so before merge should be deleted from TNG data, or there will be several hundred more unused Places.
  5. Cemeteries in TNG had to have “of America” dropped from United States even for old data to work
  6. Cemetery Disclaimer had removed the name from the page, code repaired, zipped uploaded, wiki fixed
  7. Memorial Footnotes fixed for FindAGrave of recent entries
  8. Place names address fields reworked to show address and not place name, while preserving old address details. Done with temp tables, perl, regex, and sqlite ide

Hundreds of small address fixes and additions where missing.

Change of Douthit Family Cemetery of Piedmont SC from address to place again

Many streets added to address field and those that were present had the following fixes made:

  1. Rd. to Road
  2. Rd to Road
  3. St. to Street
  4. St to Street
  5. Ave. to Avenue
  6. Ave to Avenue
  7. S. to South
  8. N. to North
  9. W. to West
  10. E. to East
  11. Blvd. to Boulevard
  12. Blvd to Boulevard
  13. Dr. to Drive
  14. Dr to Drive

Finally succeeded in getting the address field information corrected and merged! Wow, that alone took all week!

Known duplicate addresses were removed.

Test export of data to desktop TNG successful.

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *