We Are Back!!!

Last July, I was dying and knew it. I was out of it on my birthday and then taken by ambulance to the hospital, having become incoherent.  Because of my size, the fire department came as well, and they managed to get me to the gurney and out to the hospital. The house is small and this was not easy at all!

Once in  the emergency room, I was told they do not think they will be able to reverse the process of impending death. My kidneys had shut down, my liver was also shut down and the organs were shutting down. My potassium levels were extremely high among other markers. They did not know what to do. Apparently a conference of doctors did not hold out any hope for me, but one doctor decided to at least try to flush me out and see if he could get things to change.

Well, the short version is I somehow miraculously (doctor used term reluctantly again) came back to life and my organs began to respond again. I had a long way to go to recover, but even while in ICU, I started trying to learn to sit up again and even stand. It was really hard to do, but I kept in touch with the physical therapists, trying to get all the help I could. They responded and even managed to visit me a few times each shift.

I remained in the hospital for five more months, and things kept improving. The physical therapists and doctors finally decided they had to squash my overenthusiastic spirit to keep me from crashing physically. It was finally determined that I am not to try to walk, and must not exert too much effort so my organs are able to function. The more I work at lifting weights and various exercises, the less my kidneys work. So everything in balance.

Meanwhile, the house had to have some major changes made. It still is a long way from getting finished, but the walls have been torn open where needed and other improvements were made. A wheelchair ramp was added, and I have a monstrous electric wheelchair to handle my size. I also have a monster hospital bed that is such a blessing!

I just recovered from MRSA, the dreaded bacteria that figures out how to survive antibiotics. That was a miserable surprise!

It is taking quite a bit to figure out how I was doing things on this website and to uncover all the complex processes and programs needed to make things work. Then figuring out how to handle things with a very different setup.

There was a bunch of things that had been added to the family tree, but I have not found my records of when they were done. At any rate, I know the updates will be significant. So stay tuned!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *