I was stumbling around digging up lost files and came across this list. It was made during the time I was converting the data from Legacy Family Tree to RootsMagic.
It probably goes without saying, but the process took weeks to do. It is not at all smooth, because the two programs operate on totally different foundations and output. Legacy is stuck in the clunky world of Microsoft Access and has built their whole isolated world in their little bubble.
RootsMagic is based on a common and quick and easy database system, but they also have grown up in a Mormon bubble. Their approach is very different and in places very ambiguous, in order to be Mormon approved and run. The truth is that real family tree work is and should be Mormon agnostic, or built on a base that handles family tree data, events and relationships well, and then secondarily has a plug in for Mormons to use. Family tree information predates the Mormon incursions into it, and will far outlast the Mormons (just don’t try to tell them that!).
At any rate, here is a sampling of issues that had to be worked out.
- Rebuilt website image location program in mysqli
- Rebuilt headshot image location program in mysqli
- Fixed ls.jpg reference with replaced graphic in Barney McCoy Douthit fact
- Fixed lw.jpg reference by deleting from William Bates and Jenssen Witt-Claes
- Fixed Sanctuary Stings flyer links to Cheryl, Gideon, Deborah, Mark & Naomi Macomber
- Fixed link to David Kostman appeal document
- Fixed links to three recital documents in Nelda Griffith
- Fixed link to Ephraim Leach will
- Added marriage source for Stephen & Lizzie Macomber
- Replaced lost document for Stephen & George Macomber in 1880 census
- Replaced lost document for Rhoda Dore Macomber and family in 1880
- Fixed link to Elizabeth Whitmore property document in 1897
- Replaced lost document for Stephen Macomber family in 1850
- Replaced lost document for Stephen Macomber family in 1860
- Replaced lost document for Stephen Macomber family in 1870
- Replaced lost document for Thomas Golden family in 1850
- Replaced lost document for Thomas Golden family in 1860
- Replaced lost document for Thomas Golden family in 1870
- Replaced lost document for Thomas Golden family in 1880
- Replaced lost documents for Thomas Dore family in 1850